Zum Inhalt springen

Archiv für das Tag "TYPO3"

TYPO3 6.2 content image in Typoscript

Here are a few lines of TypoScript code that really took me a long time to get to.

In TYPO3 4.x, I would fetch an image which is inserted on a certain page as a normal content element (CE) and use it for example as an site wide header image.
In this example, the image in question is located in the backend column 'left' (id 1) on the root page of the site, the PID of that page is stored in a TS-variable {$home_dir}, since I change it further down the page tree via TS-constants.
TYPO3 4.x
temp.headerimg < styles.content.getLeft
temp.headerimg {
...

TYPO3 6.2: Image auf Seite auslesen - Rätsel

(Mittlerweile ist es gelöst, siehe Update(s) weiter unten)

Ok, ich geb's auf.

Ich probiere nun seit Tagen, auf einer aus 4.7 aktualisierten TYPO3 6.2 Version von dem contentAdapter=1 weg zu kommen, um in den vollen Genuss der TYPO3 Frontend-Performance zu kommen und die Seite, bzw meine alten TypoScripte, zukunftssicher zu bekommen.

Wieder einmal stehe ich vor einem (TYPO3)rätsel, in dem eine auf den ersten Blick total simple Anforderung auch im x-ten Anlauf nicht funktionieren will.
Die Ausgangslage
Ich habe auf der der Root-Seite der Webseite einen normalen, vom Redakteur pflegbaren Content-Record vom Typ Image, in der Backend-Spalte mit der ID=1.

Ich möchte dieses ...

TYPO3 sys_category bug after upgrade from 6.1 to 6.2

After a recent update from TYPO3 6.1 to 6.2 on a site that makes use of the new sys_category function, I noticed a strange behaviour:

Even though categories were shown in the front end and, if viewed with the list tool in the backend, also showed as defined, they were not selected on their according pages.

In page-edit view, the pages would not have their categories attached - none of the categories were checked. But the correct categories were shown on these pages in the front end.

Back in the list view of the categories, a click on info on a ...

Notes from the trench: Updating a TYPO3 4.5 installation to version 6.2

What is this about?
Currently I'm in the process of updating a fairly simple website from the now outdated "Long Time Version" 4.5 to it's successor, 6.2.
Since I consider myself as not-the-top-notch-but-not-so-dumb kind of TYPO3 maintainer, and I ran in some issues that surprised me (and I didn't find answers right away), maybe someone will find this useful. I try to document my plans, how it went and what errors on my or other sides occurred
1. Going local
Since the update is announced as non-trivial, I thought it best to create a local test version. I tar-ed the live ...

(The Pains of) Displaying Random Content Records with Typoscript

Drüben auf welearned.net habe ich beschrieben, wie schnell einem bei TYPO3/Typoscript der Nerv und die Zeit davonlaufen kann und eine vermeindlich einfache Aufgabe zur echten Kopfnuss wird.

(The Pains of) Displaying Random Content Records with Typoscript

Sometimes TYPO3, the mighty opensource Content Management System with a large community in Europe, drives me crazy. It really is a Love/Hate relationship we're having. I love the fact that you can get everything done with TYPO3 and I hate the fact that sometimes it's so damn complicated to get things done with TYPO3, not the least because of Typoscript (TS) -- the 'interpreter' between the underlying PHP-core and the setups in TYPO3.

Even with more than 5 years of building medium and large sites for several clients with TYPO3 on my back, I occasionally run in a situation where a seemingly simple task unfolds as a frustrating venture and eats on budget and time and eventually takes toll on my sanity.
Usually it turns out that there's a problem in my initial idea, a logic flaw, or a not-so-well-thought-of underlying structure, but since it is really really hard to keep track of all the "functions" that come with Typoscript, and debugging the rendering process is even harder, sometimes working with TS is anything but fun.

Google Conditional Hack

Das Wochenende habe ich damit verbracht, mich über eine relativ neue Art von Hack schlau (naja) zu machen, den "google conditional hack": Irgendwann letztes Jahr tauchten vermehrt Seiten auf, die bei einem normalen Besuch mit dem Webbrowser ganz normal aussahen, sobald sie jedoch mit einem User-Agent-String, der auf einen Suchmaschinen-Bot schliessen ließ, besucht wurden, zeigten sie auf einmal jede Menge Viagra- und anderen Medikamentenspam inklusive Links, die allerdings auf weitere Seiten innerhalb der Website verwiesen, wo dann ebenfalls Viagraspam auftauchte.

Das Perfide an diesem Hack: Man merkt zunächst nicht, dass die Seite betroffen ist, für normale Besucher sieht alles ...

TYPO3: HTML-Seitentitel per Typoscript mit Rootline ausgeben

Mal ein kleiner TS-Schnibbel, weil ich das gerade für ein Kundenprojekt gebraucht habe…
Aufgabe:
Statt dem normalen Seitentitel soll der Pfad zur Seite im title-Tag erscheinen.
Lösungsweg:

Mit Typoscript dafür sorgen, dass der normale title-Tag nicht ausgegeben wird,
ein Rootline Menu in als temporäres Objekt erzeugen aber ohne Verlinkung und sonstiges Markup,
dieses dann mit title-Tags versehen in den Seiten-Head ausgeben.

Code*:
# normales title tag unterdruecken:
config.noPageTitle = 2
# rootline-menu bauen:
temp.rl = HMENU
temp.rl {
special = rootline
# range: ab Rootlevel (0) bis...
special.range = 1|-1
1 {
# keine links erzeugen
...

Passt heute irgendwie.

(...) I have learned to strive for perfection but settle for something complete, and sometimes less. It's a strategy of survival, and without it the wave you are surfing will swallow you.

- Kasper Skårhøj, TYPO3 creator